Thursday, October 3, 2013

Homemade Guitar/Banjo



Here's a homemade craft I made with my Preschool Music Class.  This can be turned into a good lesson about the physics of sound and experimenting with different pitches.

Materials:
rubber bands
plastic disposable bowls  (like the ones found here)
wide tape (clear packing tape, duct tape, etc.)
strip of cardstock for faux guitar/banjo neck

I used 2 semi-sturdy plastic bowls made by Solo brand. I doubled up on them to make it a little more sturdy and withstand the pressure of the rubber bands. If you are using strong rubber bands or more than 5 rubber bands, you may want to triple stack the bowls.

I secured the rubber bands with a strip of tape so they would not fly off.  I also taped on the faux guitar neck onto the back of the bowl..





No comments:

Post a Comment